Helper team hours are 8am - 5pm central Monday - Friday. We close early on Wednesdays at 4:30pm.
Yes! You may pay your Helper Assurance renewal and ClaimsConnect invoices via phone, 800.343.5737 x3
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your account number, name of new contact(s) and their email address. Authorized contacts are allowed to call us on your behalf for support, questions, and to make changes on your account.
Please email email@example.com with your account number and new address, phone, and/or email address.
Your Helper Assurance plan renews annually on the same date. Renewal notices are mailed about 30 days ahead of the due date. Renewals are processed automatically if we have a current method of payment on file, and we send notices via email and phone ahead of your due date if we don’t have a current card on file.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your account number and preferred email address(es).
1. In Helper, go to Setup > Libraries, and select Insurance Companies from the left side. Select the appropriate Insurance Company from the list and click Edit button at the bottom.
2. On the Billing tab, approximately half way down the screen, you will see the Payer Organization ID field. Click the ellipsis button (3 dots) to the right. Scroll through the list of insurance companies (or start typing the name). Select the one you are looking for and press the OK button. This will populate the payor ID number in the Payor Organization ID field.
3. Save the screen and close the Insurance Companies Library.
To archive a therapist, you must make sure that the therapist’s clients are inactive first or change the client to a different therapist.
1. To start, in Helper select the Reports button (top right), then select Patient Lists on the left. Choose Patient phone book and press the Run button at the bottom.
2. On the new window, click the Select Group of Patients button, then select the Library Links tab. Select the Therapist in the Therapist field by using the ellipsis button (3 dots) and click OK twice. Now run the report by pressing the Preview button. It will generate a list of clients.
3. Set the patients from the report to inactive or change their therapist in their facesheet.
4. Once the clients status are updated then go into Setup > Libraries and select Therapists on the left. Choose the therapist in question and click the Edit button at the bottom. In the lower right corner change the status from active to inactive and save. The provider has now been made inactive/archived.
Click the link for a short video on this subject: Taxonomy in ClaimsConnect
The easiest way to do this is by generating a day sheet report showing just patient payments and sorting it by month.
Click the link for a short video on this subject: Day Sheet Report Payments
1. In Helper select the Reports button (top right), then under Summary Reports select Transaction Summary on the left (double click to expand).
2. Next, choose the report called Income review, then select the Run button. Enter the date range (remember to go one day past the date you wish to include). Then, select the Report Layout button to set the options you would like. Save and then run the report by clicking the Preview button.
Here is a video that helps illustrate how to run the Income Review Report:
Income Review Report
After performing a backup of your most current Helper database (or retrieving your most recent one), you will need to download a link to Helper from the website and then add the data by restoring the backup file.
Click on this link then select the download that matches your configuration type. Enter your account information and click Submit. You will get a link to a download to install Helper. Run the installation file and once installed you can restore your most recent backup file.
Here is a video that explains how to print a Patient Bill: Printing Bills
This is used to determine if you are identified with Insurance as an individual provider or as a business (if payment should be sent to you as an individual or to the business).
A type 1 NPI is assigned to an individual. If a provider is set up with a payer as an individual, then the billing entity type would be set to person in Helper. The provider’s individual NPI is entered in the Claim Settings tab of the Provider.
A type 2 NPI is assigned to a business. If a provider is set up with a payer as a business, then the billing entity type is set up as nonperson (business). The business NPI is entered in the Facility Claim Settings tab.
Here is a short video on how to set this up. Person vs. Non-Person
1. Open ClaimsConnect. Click on the symbol (caret) before the Claims Folder on the left.
2. Select the Unsubmitted folder. Select the first item in the list and then press Ctrl + A to select all the items, then right click on any item and select Archive. Confirm that you want to archive the items. Once that is complete you can go back to Helper and submit claims.
To avoid receiving this error in the future, be sure to send no more than 40 dates of service per patient.
First, confirm that you need a referring provider.
If the referring provider is required:
If the referring provider is not needed, then edit the session:
You are likely are not applying the primary payment correctly. To correct the amounts not adding up correctly, watch this short video: Claim Adjustment Codes
For a more comprehensive review select this video: How to Submit Secondary Claims Electronically
1. You will need to complete and submit the change Tax ID form
2. Once we have confirmed the form has been processed, you can edit the therapist in the Therapist library:
If you are billing as a Person:
Click the link for a short video on this subject: Adding Taxonomy to a HCFA 1500 Form
Both of these can be sorted by clicking on the column title at the top of each column. For example in the transaction ledger, if you click on DATE then it will sort by date. Each time you click on the title, it will reverse the sort order.
If your question is related to the ledger grouping everything together under a single column title, watch a short video on correcting this issue: Sorting the Transaction Ledger